Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Manny Pacquiao has made a true believer out of us all

Will Pacquiao/Mayweather happen by May?- As much as I would love to say Yes to this question, my answer right now would have to be No. I feel that the Pac-Man is not done with breaking records. 7 titles in 7 weight divisions is way more than enough for most fighters daring to be great but 7 for the Pac-Man may not be enough. I have a feeling that Pac-Man may want to gobble up 8 titles in 8 weight divisions and may take on Yuri Foreman at a catch-weight of 150 pounds by mid-March or early April then will fight Money Mayweather in September. Is Yuri Foreman too big for Pacquiao? Maybe so, but I tell you what, Manny Pacquiao has proved me wrong two times, in my book that’s way too many times. I’m done with eating crow,Manny Pacquiao has made a true believer out of me. At this point, the next time someone tells me that Pacquiao will get beat by so and so, I will then respond by saying, I’ll believe it when I see it.



Shane Mosley Versus the Man In The Mirror- The more and more I think about Mosley facing Berto in late Jan., the more I am able to see Mosley getting ready to face his younger self. Both Mosley and Berto are both rapid explosive fighters that come to put it all on the line. So does that mean that the younger soul will step up and dethrone the older wise man? If I were pressed to answer now, I would have to say No. Let me put it this way, I wouldn’t be surprised if Mosley were to smash Berto and stop Berto in a thriller, but I would however be shocked if Berto were to stop Mosley. Berto has the energy and skill to press Mosley all night long, for that to happen, Berto will need to bring it for every second of every round to do just that. I feel that Berto should have taken on someone like a Zab Judah first, then moved on to face a lion like Mosley. Will Berto prove me wrong? I don’t know, but I can not wait to find out how right or wrong I shall be come January 30.

Miguel Cotto versus?- Lately I have been thinking of who I would like to see Cotto face next. Alot of names have come to mind, such as Jesus-Soto Karass, Kermit Cintron, Ricky Hatton, heck even for a second I even thought of Jose Luis Castillo. The one name that rings the most bells however is, Luis Collazo. Miguel Cotto versus Luis Collazo at Madison Square Garden would be big and bigger if it were to happen on the eve of the Puerto Rican Day Parade. My money is on the Puerto Rican.

Is the Itch back for Ricky Hatton?- Not sure if the itch is back for Ricky, but if it is back, Ricky better scratch it. Especially if the itch comes back in the form of Juan Manuel Marquez. Many may feel that it would be a dangerous fight for Marquez to take not only because Hatton is very aggressive, even more aggressive than Juan Diaz was, but especially when it would be Marquez who will be the one crossing the pond and going to Hatton Land. I feel that Hatton is still a good fighter, Hatton’s worst fear outside of Pacquiao’s punches, has always been himself. Ricky Hatton needs to stay away from the buffet lines and the pints. Hatton balloons up to 180-190 then comes down to 140 for a fight. The training camp at that time is mostly spent on losing the weight when it should be used on strategy. If Hatton does decide to scratch that itch, Hatton will need a real no BS kind of trainer in his corner, that man is Freddie Roach. Imagine this if you may, Hatton return, Hatton returns with Freddie Roach in his corner, Roach versus Nacho all over again, the saga continues. At first I was thinking that this fight belongs on regular HBO, but this fight needs a 24/7 series to get the momentum going. We can then at home participate and turn the 24/7 shows into a drinking game, how you ask? Funny you ask. We at home will have to take a shot of tequilla for everytime that Roach takes a drink out of his Starbucks coffee or each time that Nacho takes a drink out of his hot tea, or each time that Hatton takes a swig out of a pint of brew, or each time that we are forced to see Marquez gulp down that magical urine of his. By the time the 24/7 is done with we will all be signing up for alcoholics anonymous.

No comments:

Post a Comment